“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
The owners will be delighted to cook for you during your farm stay and to share their cooking experiences with you. Dinners are served on several nights during the week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) and must be reserved beforehand (esp. for new arrivals on the evenings dinners are served).
Dinners are composed of a fixed 4 course menu with plenty of Orvieto Classico and Sangiovese wine, water and coffee included. Prices vary depending on the menu and ingredients used. If you have special dietary needs (i.e. vegetarian meals) or are allergic to specific foods, then please inform the owners beforehand to see if these needs can be accommodated accordingly. Lunch is not served.
All meals are cooked by Marco himself using the farm’s own vegetables, fruit and extra virgin olive oil – all of which come from their organic garden, fruit orchards and 700 tree olive grove respectively. All other fresh products used in their meals are locally produced and have not travelled more than 1 kilometer to get to your table. Meals are served family style at one long table in the dining room on the veranda. Informal cooking classes can be held upon request and are usually part of dinner preparation.
Some Orvieto specialties that you can try during your farm stay:
- Extra virgin olive oil produced by our very own olive groves
- Ombrichelli (a type of thick spaghetti made only with flour & water)
- Black truffle
- Hand pressed pecorino cheese & ricotta
- Porcini mushrooms
- Norcineria umbra (Umbrian charcuterie)
- Fagioli del purgatorio (local tiny cannellini beans)
- Lentils from Onano and Norcia
- Potatoes from Latera
- Crostini with pate’
- Risotto with saffron
- Lumachelle – typical Orvieto bread made like a snail
- Tiramisu’, panna cotta, creme caramel & semifreddo